The importance of physical activity and the orientation of exercise therapy in rehabilitation has changed for many chronic health conditions. Exercise therapy is the most applied therapy form within multidisciplinary rehabilitation programs for almost all chronic health conditions.
During your rehabilitation, Exercise Therapy is usually combined with other kinds of therapy or other treatment modalities to ensure best outcome.
When is Exercise therapy commonly prescribed ?
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Sports injuries rehabilitation
- Back and neck problems
- Pelvic floor therapy & continence
- Sport specific performance
- Children’s motor development
- General fitness and well-being
The choice of Exercises is targeted to improve:
- Awareness and muscle activation
- Mobility and stretching
- Stability, core strengthening, Pilates
- Control, strength training and endurance
- Balance, proprioception and coordination
- Functional movement and sport specific conditioning
- Cardio-vascular fitness.