Dr Dasiopoulou Chrysanthi
2005- present Rehabilitation doctor in “Anagennisi” Rehabilitation Centre, Nea Raidestos, Thessaloniki
Rehabilitation doctor for critically ill patients (acute phase) in the intensive care unit, inpatient and outpatient adult patients and children (outpatient only) at Anagennisi:
- assessment and monitoring of the rehabilitation program of patients with neurological and orthopedic problems
- coordination of treatments and selection of therapeutic approaches
- modification and updating of the program based on the patients’ progress
- prevention and treatment of complications
- application of medical treatments
- information sharing, education, training of the patient’s environment
- coordination of the other medical specialties
- conventional (physical therapy, hydrotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy) or robotics (Locomat, Exoskeleton, Armeo) therapeutic approaches, applied individually or in combination depending on the patients’ needs
- treatment and monitoring of spasticity, injection of botulinum toxin, treatment of neurogenic urinary disorders, use of intermittent catheterizations
- assessment and selection of appropriate aids (wheelchairs, guardians, etc.)
- monitoring of patients’ nutrition.
The patients cover the whole spectrum of diseases requiring rehabilitation, with the vast majority of them concerning neurological and orthopedic diseases (recent strokes, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, multiple neuropathy, myopathy, cerebral palsy, fractures, musculoskeletal injuries).
1996: Medical degree, School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
2005: Medical Specialty on Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, National Rehabilitation Center, Ilion, Athens
2006: European Medical Board, Certification of the medical specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
2016: Senior Member of European Board of PRM
2020: MSc Neurological and Cognitive Rehabilitation, Larissa Medical School, University of Thessaly
Dr. Dasiopoulou has attended many medical congresses and has presented a significant amount of scientific projects.
1. Chrysanthi Ntasiopoulou, Sokratis Sgoutzakos, Aikaterini Kyriakidou, Georgios Vasilikos, Pavlos Mpatzios, Kalypso Ntouvli, Eirini Mouza
“The Exoskeleton experience in gait training of neurological patients”
11º World Controversies in Neurology (CONY), Athens, 23-26/4/2017
2. Dasiopoulou¹, Aikaterini Tsiligeridou², Aikaterini-Eirini Anagnostopoulou³, Sokratis Sgoutzakos¹,
Ioannis Katsanos⁴, Aikaterini Kyriakidou⁵, Dimitrios Skoutas⁴, Eirini Mouza¹’⁶.
“Preservation and Evolution of Functionality of Stroke Patients after the Discharge from the Rehabilitation Center”.
9th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Berlin, 19-
3.Sokratis Papageorgiou , Monika Gavriel , Chrysanthi Dasiopoulou , Sokratis Sgoutzakos
Dimitrios Skoutas, Aikaterini Kyriakidou, Ioannis Katsanos, Eirini Mouza
“Traumatic Brain Injury In Elderly Adults. Which Accompanying Factors Affect The Functional
Independence”, 9th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Berlin19-
Assessment and management of dysphagic patients in the rehabilitation setting, Educational
course for the management of dysphagia,18 ο Εuropean Congress of Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation, Thessaloniki, Greece, 28 May – 1 June 2012The role of feeding and nutrition in the rehabilitation of the multi-traumatized and critically ill
patient, Satellite symposium,6th Panhellenic Trauma Conference and Emergency Surgery, February 17-19, 2011, Thessaloniki