The Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases dedicated to excellent patient care, staff training and continuous development in the field of endocrinology and metabolic diseases. Our mission is to treat and guide the patient so that he can come to terms with his disease and maintain or improve his quality of life.
What incidents does the Endocrinology department cover?
The department covers the entire range of acute and chronic diseases of the endocrine system.
• The thyroid nodule
• The multinodular goitre
• Thyroid cancer
• The adrenal glands
• Female genital glands
• Male genital glands.
Metabolic diseases such as type 1 or type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia and obesity are treated in our department, as well as metabolic bone disorders.
The Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases collaborates with specialized endocrine gland surgeons, ophthalmologists, and pathologists, as well as with the Biochemical/Hormonology Laboratory and the Radiodiagnostic Department of the hospital to provide comprehensive and excellent services to patients with endocrinological diseases.
The department’s outpatient clinic operates on a daily basis and treats all endocrinological, diabetic and metabolic diseases, such as:
• Hypothyroidism (autoimmune thyroiditis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and other thyroiditis, hypothyroidism of any etiology)
• Hyperthyroidism (Graves disease, thyroiditis, thyroid ophthalmopathy)
• Thyroid nodules – nodular goiter
• Thyroid cancer
• Thyroid diseases during pregnancy
• Pituitary adenomas
• Adrenal adenomas
• Cushing’s syndrome
• Metabolic syndrome
6. Gynecological endocrinology
• Menstrual disorders
• Menopausal disorders
• Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
• Weight and height disorders
• Early and late puberty
9. Diseases of the parathyroid glands
10. Disorders of vitamin D and other vitamins and trace elements
11. Diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus
• Diabetes mellitus type 1 (insulin-dependent) and 2 (non-insulin-dependent)
• Initiation and monitoring of treatment with tablets, insulin and new treatments for type 2 diabetes
• Gestational diabetes
• Annual full diabetic check-up.