Exadaktilos A. Athanasios
MD, PhD Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Hand Surgeon
Born on September 7, 1963 in Thessaloniki, Greece
Graduate of the Experimental High School of Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki with honors
1987 Medical degree of Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki
1988-1991 Training in General Surgery and subspecialties in Thessaloniki
1991-1996 Training in Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery in UK
Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leceister SHO
Wexham Park Hospital SHO
Whinston Hospital, Liverpool Registrar
Queen Victoria Hospital, London Senior Registrar
1995 Title of specialty in Plastic Surgery
- 1995 Training in endoscopic plastic surgery in USA
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, practicing privately since 1996 in Thessaloniki.
- Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department of St.Luke’s Hospital (Private) since 2002, Thessaloniki.
- Honorary Fellow of the Propedeutic Surgical Department of the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki.
Extensive experience in plastic, reconstructive and hand surgery (including microsurgery, breast reconstruction, endoscopic plastic surgery etc)
Since trainee total surgical experience of approximately 9500 plastic surgery operations under all kind of anesthesia.
- 50% aesthetic surgery of all kinds
- 30% reconstructive surgery including hand surgery, microsurgery and flap surgery
- 20% skin cancer
- Ph.D. in fingertip injuries.
- Various presentations in post mastectomy breast reconstruction, hand surgery and microsurgery.
- Various presentations in Lejour breast reduction and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Collaboration with Interbalkan and Genesis
- Vice President of the Hellenic Senologic Society
- President of the 11th Panhellenic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Congress
- President of the 13th Panhellenic Senology Congress