Dr. Kehagias S. Nikolaos MD, DDS, PhD
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Nikolaos S. Kehagias was born in Santos, Brazil, by Greek parents. Married with two children, he studied at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and holds three degrees. He graduated from the School of Medicine and Dentistry of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has specialized in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic of Anticancer Hospital of Thessaloniki and General Regional hospital of Thessaloniki G. Papanikolaou Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. As a further part of his specialization, trained in neurosurgery, otorhinolaryngology and invasive endoscopy.
He was post trained in Orthofacial-Aesthetic Surgery at the Hospital AZ Sint Jan, Brugge, as well as in Laser Surgery with CO2 lasers in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Mönchenglabach Bethesda Klinikum Germany.
His thesis on “Adhesion molecules N-cadherin and α-β-catenin in salivary gland tumors in relation to their prognosis, infiltration and metastasis” was awarded a scholarship from the European Union.
It has several publications, and continuous conferences. He is a member of organizing committees of several conferences and workshops. He is a member of the Greek as well as the European Society of Craniofacial Surgery, the Hellenic Society for Cancer Research.
Today as a Head Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, created the 1st Hellenic Center of Cleft-Lip Palate in St. Luke’s Hospitalin Panorama Thessaloniki. He is also a scientific collaborator of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Laboratory of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Neoplasms – tumors heads and neck: oral cavity, lips, all face, scalp, salivary gland and cervix
- Reconstruction of head and neck: etiology neoplasmatic, traumatic, syndromes malformation, etc
- Pathology – surgery of salivary glands
- Traumatology of head and neck
- Pathology – surgery and disorders of Temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Orthofacial surgery: orthognathic surgery, distraction osteogenesis
- Aesthetics – cosmetic surgical of head and neck
- Cleft – lip palate surgery
- Inflammation – abscesses of head and neck
- Doral – dentoalveolar surgery and implantology
- Oral pathology