Movement is life!
We make a lot of simple movements: walk to the shops, walk in the park with children, make sports. All of this work needs a healthy human musculoskeletal system. Unfortunately, not everyone is available to have the joy of movement. The reason for this may be congenital (eg, cerebral palsy) or acquired injuries.
Rediscover the joy of movement, improve the quality of life and feel independent is a job for orthopedic surgeons.
Practice has shown that in Greece, treatment of injuries and orthopedic diseases is at the highest level in the world. Orthopedic surgeons specialize in the treatment of complex diseases and injuries, using the latest techniques, minimally invasiveness, endoscopic surgery and advanced materials for implantation and replacement.
With years of experience in the field of orthopedics, surgery and sports medicine, a group of Greek orthopedic surgeons: Emmanuel Papakostas – orthopedic surgeon, MD, Sideridis Aristotelis – orthopedic surgeon, MD and Terzidis Yannis – orthopedic surgeon, MD created private multi-center orthopedic surgery, sports injuries and rehabilitation “TheMIS”.
The basic concept of creators of “TheMIS” – a minimum surgical intervention and ongoing scientific search for new methods and perspectives to assist patients.
Combining the use of minimally invasive, endoscopic surgery, orthopedic surgeons of “TheMIS” center create miracles, they in trouth put patients on their feet, eliminate the perennial daily pain in deformed joints and spine, provide an opportunity to be active and feel the joy of movement.
All operations are conducted minimally invasive way, allowing cause minimal damage to the tissues and joints, reduce blood loss, to avoid postoperative complications and scars. All this leads to an early recovery of the patient and reduces the duration of his hospitalization.
After the surgery the patient is under the leadership of Orthopaedic Surgeons of “TheMIS” center rehabilitation with use of modern methods and individual approach. Postoperative rehabilitation is done in comfortable clinics or rehabilitation centers in Greece, a team of highly qualified doctors and physiotherapists.
Doctors of the center "TheMIS" specialize in the treatment of complex diseases, including
- fractures of the spine and joints of varying complexity;
- limb valgus deformity;
- sports injuries and problems in the spine and joints;
- acute and chronic pain in the joints and in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine;
- stenosis, scoliosis, degenerative changes of the spine, lumbar disc herniation;
- knee joint injuries: cartilage, menisci and ligament apparatus (arthroplasty performed, if necessary, including partial);
- injuries of hip and elbow joints;
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) – produce orthopedic treatment, including surgery
The following types of medications and surgical interventions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s syndrome
- Valgus foot deformity
- Minimally invasive surgery hallux valgus foot
- Surgical treatment HALLUX Rigidus
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament
- Arthroscopy of the hip joint
- Arthroscopy of the knee, shoulder, ankle
- Arthroscopic autologous chondrocyte transplantation
- Arthroscopy + Osteotomy
- Total hip replacement
- Total hip replacement AMIS
- Total knee arthroplasty ( + minimal )
- Revision of the artificial hip and knee joints
- The total joint replacement of the shoulder joint
- Reverse total shoulder prosthesis
- Bipolar hemiarthroplasty hip
- Unipolar hemiarthroplasty hip
- Shoulder hemiarthroplasty
- tendon injury
- Shoulder Fracture
- Fracture of clavicle
- fracture of the elbow, forearm
- fracture of the wrist, hand
- Hip fracture
- fracture of the knee, lower leg
- Ankle Fracture
- Removal of metal constructions after osteosynthesis